Angel's Secrets

Creative Works   

Black Balloons (Part 2)
By Jessi Roberts
jessiroberts(at)yahoo.com

Disclaimer: All the characters belong to the WB and Joss Whedon. No infringement intended. The song 'Black Balloons' is off the Goo Goo Dolls' album "Dizzy Up the Girl". No infringement intended upon them.

. . .

"Comin' down the world turned over
And angels fall without you there
And I go on as you get colder
Or are you someone's prayer"

Well the bombshell had been dropped. The scene had moved from the porch into the living room, but the reaction remained the same. Angel sat in a chair and it looked as if he was trying to memorize the palm of his hand. Buffy sat opposite of him on the couch, engrossed with her nails. Joyce had taken Meredith to the park so the two could talk.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Angel asked finally, ending the silence.

"I didn't know how." Buffy answered quietly.

Angel ran his hand through his hair and rested his elbows on his knees. "It was that time I was in New York wasn't it?" he asked.

Buffy nodded, not taking her eyes off of her hands.

"Rumor had it you had a kid, but no one confirmed it, at least not to me." he went on.

"Meredith and I are doing fine Angel, I didn't tell you about her just now because I wanted to entrap you into becoming a family," Buffy said, "I just thought it was time you knew."

Angel got up and moved over to sit beside Buffy.

"I always wanted you and me to be a family Buffy, I still do." he whispered.

Buffy smiled softly. Reaching over she grasped Angel's hand lightly.

"I do too," she whispered, "I've always loved you Angel."

"I love you too Buffy," he returned.

He leaned in and kissed her gently. Smiling, Buffy kissed him back. They were so engrossed in each other, they didn't notice the door open and close.

"Mommy!" Meredith called out.

Buffy pulled away reluctantly from Angel and gave him a sheepish grin. She got up and picked Meredith up.

"How was the park honey? Did you give grandma a hard time?" Buffy asked. "Nope," Meredith answered.

"Give mommy a kiss." Buffy said.

Angel crept up behind Buffy and wrapped his arms around her.

"Don't mind if I do." he answered her.

He kissed the side of her head and Meredith watched him with big eyes.

"Meredith, this is Angel, he's your daddy." Buffy told her daughter.

Meredith stared at him for a minute before burying her face in her mom's neck and peeking out at him. Angel couldn't help but chuckle.

"Hiding from people. Obviously my child." he smiled.

Buffy smiled broadly. They took Meredith into the kitchen to get ready for dinner. Before they could set Meredith down, Joyce walked into the kitchen with Giles.

"Buffy, Giles and I are getting married!" Joyce told her daughter.

Buffy couldn't believe it and promptly fainted.

"You know the lies they always told you
And the love you never knew
What's the things they never showed you
That swallowed the light from the sun
Inside your room"

. . .

Page 2 of 2
To be continued...?

. . .


Fanfiction Index