Angel's Secrets

Creative Works   

Brother Dearest
By sugar7999
jgirl519(at)hotmail.com

Summary: Several years after "Becoming," everyone is back to - and beyond - normal.
Disclaimer: All the characters belong to the WB, mutant enemy, whatever. Except the ones I made up. Don't sue unless you want to get a bottle of hairgel and a magazine subscription.
Author's Notes: Please ask before you use the story. Oh yeah, this is after Becoming, Angel is back from hell, and he's mortal.

. . .

Willow Rosenburg sighed. It had been three years since Buffy had ran away. She missed her friend. At the moment Oz, herself, Joyce, Angel, Xander, Cordelia and Giles were in Chicago, sitting in cafe. Joyce was art buying. The scoobey-gang had decided to tag along.

Angel had been sent back from hell because he had a soul, and as a "sorry for the mistake" gift, he had been given mortality. Giles and Joyce had been married for a little over a year.

At that moment, Willow looked up from her tea and saw a most surprising thing.

Right in front of her was a woman that looked like Drusilla, but was dressed differently than Dru would normally dress. Besides, it was broad daylight. The Dru look-alike was wearing jeans and a halter top, plus a really cool pair of wire-rimmed sunglasses.

"Dru?" Willow asked uncertainly. The woman smiled and walked over.

"Willow, so nice to see you again" she said pleasantly. But Drusilla didn't sound insane, although she still had her British accent.

Everyone looked up, dumbfounded to see their moral enemy smiling at them. Drusilla laughed. "Please, do relax. Spike and I were given our mortality back,'tis lovely indeed" she said.

That was a bit of a shocker. There was silence. Then Dru spoke up.

"Mrs. Summers, you wouldn't per chance be interested in seeing your daughter again, would you?" she asked.

Angel looked up anxiously. He was still in love with Buffy, he missed her so much. The slayerettes, Joyce and Giles had all assumed that she probably lived in a dingy little hole-in-the-wall, probably waitressing to earn her living.

Drusilla saw Angel's face, she saw the love and excitement in his eyes.

"Calm down, Angel. A lot has happened in the past three years. Things haved changed".

"Now then," Drusilla said briskly. "Come along. Buffy's home isn't far from here." With that said Drusilla picked up her latte mocha and began walking. The others anxiously followed.

The group walked for about a block, then Drusilla stopped in front of a large, marble building. It looked very expensive and probably cost a small fortune to rent an apartment from it.

Drusilla strode up the steps, followed by Buffy's anxious "family". She walked to the doorman. "They're with me, Robert." Dru said, motioning to the seven people behind her.

Stepping into an elevator, Dru pushed the button that said 13, the apparently the top floor.

When the elevator stopped, they all stepped out into the hallway. The walls were a hunter-green shade, the floor was snow- white.

Dru stopped in front of a door with #180 written on it. She pulled out a ring of keys and motioned for them to step inside. Then she turned and went across the hall, probably to her own home.

Giles noticed how beautifully decorated the place was. White carpeting, cream-colored walls, white and black furniture. The room had art-work in it, too. Sculptures and paintings, mainly. Not to mention a lovely grand-piano.

"Rodney! You idiot! Do you realize that you just put me back an entire week? You're fired!" Everyone looked up and saw a very pissed off Buffy throw a black telephone onto the receiving-piece.

"Buffy?" whispered Joyce. Buffy looked up. Clad in a black blazer and a short black skirt, with her hair pulled back into a loose french braid, Buffy looked very professional.

"Hey, guys" said Buffy, giving everyone a once over."I'd stay and chat, but I gotta book."

"Buffy Summers I am your mother and you will make-" Joyce was cut off by her daughter. "Mom, remember what happened the last time you said that?" Joyce decided to shut up.

The door opened and a man stepped into the room. The man looked absolutely identical to Angel, in fact for a moment everyone thought it was Angel.

Buffy spoke first. "Angelus, thank God you're home. I need to go down to the office, some idiot totally screwed up the accounts. I'll be back in about forty-five minutes". said Buffy, walking up to Angelus, giving him a quick kiss and rushing out the door.

Angelus looked at everyone and smiled. "For the first time in my life, I don't know what to say. But you guys are lucky I'm in a good mood, so I'll be nice. Please, sit down" he said.

"Why?" asked Xander. "Did you poison the sofa's?" Angelus smiled. "Why don 'cha find out, Harris."

"What are you doing here?" asked Giles.

"Come on, Watcher. I live here." was the reply

"You live with my daughter?" asked Joyce. "Are you sleeping together?"

"Well Joyce, lets see." Angelus began. "We've been married a little over two years, you do the math."

. . .

Page 1 of 8
Read the next part
>>

. . .


Fanfiction Index