Angel's Secrets

Creative Works   

The Change (Part 2)
By ras

Disclaimer: I do not own Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Willow, Xander, Giles, Ms. Calendar, or any of the characters contained in this story. These characters are the copyright of Joss Whedon, the WB, and mutant enemy. No infringement is intended. Don't sue.

. . .

Scene 5

Angel opened the door to his loft and grimaced in pain. Spike had really hurt his hand. He opened a glass cabinet and dug in a drawer, pulling out a first aid box. He found some gauze to cover his wound. He winced cleansing the wound, but it was soon taken care of.

He sat in his brown recliner thinking of Buffy. "I probably should go check on her tonight." He thought to himself. "Spike had to have a reason for taking my ring. I have a bad feeling about this."

First, though, he had to have a little snack, the blood loss had drained him. He walked over to his refrigerator and pulled out one of the little bags of blood that he had stolen from the Red Cross. Angel hated this part. It just reminded him of what he was, a vampire, and that he never could be anything else. Disgusted with himself he tore into the bag and changed to his true vampire form and began to drink.

Just then Angel felt a terrible change coming over him. In pain he screamed out but there was no one there to hear. It hit him so fast he didn't know what was going on. All of the sudden he looked down at the blood. Something had changed. He didn't want that blood. He wanted the real thing, a nice fresh young thing. Yes, he had to go find some prey.

Scene 6

Young Veronica sat on the park bench crying. She had just had a terrible fight with her boyfriend. Sophomore boys could be so cruel. She knew she shouldn't be alone at night in a park, but she just Couldn't move. "Besides, you can't live your entire life in fear," she thought.

Just then a man came up behind her. "Something wrong?" Veronica jumped. She turned and saw a very nice looking man, perhaps 24.

"Oh, no. I'm just a little upset. But, I should go," she said, getting up to leave. Even she wasn't stupid enough to stay alone in a park with a strange man.

"Don't let me scare you off," the man said, "I'm not an ax murderer."

"No, I didn't think you looked like the ax murdering type," she replied trying, to be polite.

Angel sat down beside her. "What's your name?"

"Veronica."

"So tell me what has you so upset," Angel responded in a sweet voice.

Veronica began to relax her defense a little. "I just had a fight with my boyfriend. I know it's silly."

She turned to see the man's response, but was shocked. She screamed at the hideous demonic face lunging towards her. Biting the side of her neck, Angel began to feed. She was good, the best he had tasted in years. He was through with that bagged stuff. "No, I'm not an ax murderer. I prefer draining all your blood naturally."

Scene 7

Buffy opened the door to her room and was happy to see her inviting bed. She was exhausted and just wanted to get a good night's sleep. She took off her clothes and slipped into her normal night wear of a tank top and pajama bottoms. She pulled back the sheets and laid down. As she drifted off, she thought of the weird vampires who had stole her ring and the vampire who had given it to her, Angel.

Buffy did not get goodnight's rest. Her sleep was deeply disturbed by nightmares, the prophetic kind. She saw Angel in vampire form feeding on a young girl in a park, and then telling Buffy that things were different now. Buffy shook in her bed.

"I want to be the most evil vampire ever, and I want you to join me," the dream Angel said.

"No," Buffy cried out loud.

Then her dream changed. She saw a young girl, maybe 16. She had never seen her before. The girl definitely wasn't from the present time; she was wearing weird ragged clothing. "Don't trust those near you. He will deceive you, but there is hope. Another friend knows the key. You must have her solve the problem for you. Trust her!!!"

With that the dream girl disappeared. "Come back, wait, I don't understand," Buffy yelled in her sleep. Buffy awoke with a start, sitting straight up. Then she realized she wasn't alone.

"Angel, oh thank God." Buffy cried, jumping up and hugging him. "Are you okay?"

"Never better, why?" Angel said in an unusual tone.

"I had the worst nightmare," she said but then hesitated. She didn't want to hurt his feelings by telling him that she had a nightmare about him feeding and being evil. Buffy knew Angel was very self-conscious about the matter. "There was this weird girl, from the past. She told me not to trust men, but to trust a girl with a key."

"Is that all you dreamed?" Angel asked.

"Yeah," Buffy lied, "What do you think it could mean?"

"I don't know. I wouldn't worry too much about it."

Then Buffy noticed Angel's hand. She caressed it gently. "What happened?" She asked.

"It's nothing. I have something exciting to tell you." Angel said, staring strangely at her neck.

"What, has something happened?" Buffy was afraid.

"Yes, something wonderful Buffy. It's been so long since I've felt this exhilarated. It's like a fog has been lifted and I can finally see clearly. The future is bright for us, Buffy. All that needs to be done is one more thing, and we can be together forever."

"What, what are you talking about?"

"Those terrible feelings of guilt are gone now Buffy. I know what I want and I am going to have it. And I want you to have it too Buffy. You and I, we can be in charge. We can take them all over. All the vampires." Angel's face changed from his normal human face to the hideous demonic face of a vampire.

Buffy pulled back, terrified of what she was hearing.

"Don't you understand. We're meant to be. You and me, we could have anything we wanted. Anything, Buffy. Feed and rule for a thousand years. The others, they will follow my lead and accept you. All you have to do is let me . . ."

Buffy cut him off. "What's happened to you? Stop, it okay just stop it, Angel. You're scaring me!!!" She refused to believe that he was truly evil again.

"Just say yes; say you'll drink my blood when I drain yours, and I can make it all happen Buffy. Now that I've been restored to my true evilness, I have it all again, Buffy. All that I need is you. Say you'll join me!"

"Get out!" Buffy screamed. "You're no longer welcome here. Do you understand? You're not invited, get out. I won't let you change me over and I never want to see you again." Buffy backed up to her desk drawer and reached for a stake.

Angel was enraged. Even though he was evil now, Buffy was the only thing he really wanted. He was crushed by her rejection. He jumped out the window in order to allow himself time to plan how to best make her his again. He vowed that no matter what it took he would have Buffy Summers at his side.

Shocked and terrified, Buffy lay on her bed and began to cry. Everything that had meant anything to her had just been killed by Angelus.

Scene 8

Outside the Summers house Angel was filled with anger and fire. In a fit of passion he knocked over some trash cans and screamed. "How could she? She's mine! Didn't she understand they were meant to be? It doesn^Òt matter." Angel thought to himself. "I'll still make her mine."

Angel killed 3 other girls that night. All of the years of obtaining, of controlling himself caused him to want the blood even more. He killed the girls for the sheer pleasure of the experience and then he devised his plan on how to get Buffy.

Scene 9

In the library of Sunnydale High school, librarian Rupert Giles stood reading a book of vampire lore. Also in the room were Buffy's friends: Willow, Xander, Cordelia, and Ms. Calendar. They were all waiting on Buffy to arrive and tell them of the previous night's slaying.

Buffy entered the room looking crushed. Her friends immediately picked up on the vibes. "What's wrong, Buffy?: Willow asked.

Ignoring the question Buffy turned to Giles. "We need to talk." She said in a low voice. Then, after a moment's hesitation, "It's bad."

Immediately worried, Giles insisted that she tell him what was going on right then and there. Buffy didn't want to say it in front of everyone, but felt she had little choice. "It's Angel," she whispered.

"Yes,"Giles said, wanting the details immediately. "What about Angel? "Yeah," Xander piped in. "What'd he do to make you so mad. You want me to take him out for you?" Xander joked in his usual untimely way. Buffy burst into tears. Regretting the comment Xander apologized, but it was too late.

"He, he came to my room last night. Something's happened. He's changed. I don't know. . ." Buffy cried.

"Changed? Changed how?" Giles said in a worried tone.

"He said he killed a girl and that he wanted me to be evil with him and let him. . . let him turn me into a vampire."

"The curse is broken????? How could that happen?" Ms. Calendar was terrified by the idea.

"Buffy," Giles said coldly. "If Angel has changed, you know what you have to do. Now you can't let your emotions trap you up here. No matter what you may feel for him, you can't let him go around killing people. Giles knew Buffy didn't want to hear this, but she needed too.

It was all too much for Buffy to handle. Xander tried to help by putting his hand on her shoulder, but she just jerked away crying.

"Is that all that happened?" Willow asked, hoping to find something to put a silver lining on the situation.

"My dream!" Buffy remembered. "I didn't tell you about my dream!"

"You had a dream, about Angel?" Giles asked.

"Yes. I saw him feeding on a girl in the park. Then I dreamt that Angel wanted me to be evil with him."

"Well, that all came true,"Giles responded.

"Wait, there's more. There was this girl. She was dressed weird, and talked weird too. She said that I couldn't trust men but that I had to trust a female friend that had the key."

Ms. Calendar seemed to be unsettled by this. "A girl with an accent. What did she look like?"

"Um, she was gorgeous. Maybe 16, umm black hair. She had on a ragged looking clothes. Her accent was. . . umm. . . Eastern European maybe??"

Ms. Calendar knew what that meant. But what could she say?

"Jenny, what is it?" Giles asked in a sweet voice.

She knew she had to tell the truth now. The curse had to be restored and Buffy's life could be in danger. "I think I know who the girl is," She said in a calm voice. That got everyone's attention. You said Eastern European, beautiful, 16, black hair.

"Yeah," Buffy said. "Something like that."

"Her name is Cassandra. She's the Romani girl that Angel killed." Everyone stood in shock.

"That would make sense. Angel did say she was beautiful. But how did you figure that out?" Buffy asked.

"Let's just concentrate on this key. You're sure that's exactly what she said? Trust a female friend with the key?" Ms. Calendar tried to avoid the subject.

Buffy closed her eyes and tried to remember the exact words of her dream. "She said, don't trust those near you. Men will always deceive you. But there is hope. Another friend knows the key, you must have her solve the problem for you. Trust her!!! I'm positive that's what she said."

"I don't know about the key? It must mean something else." Ms. Calendar said.

"You think you're the friend Cassandra was talking about?" Giles asked.

"I'm sure of it. Let me do some research on the subject and see what I find. Buffy, let me know if you have another dream."

The school bell rang and the group dispersed for class.

. . .

Page 2 of 4
Read the next part
>>

. . .


Fanfiction Index