Angel's Secrets

Creative Works   

The Closest Thing to Home
By
Jessica Boland: jgirl519(at)hotmail.com
Jyll: VANMUS(at)aol.com

Summary: While traveling, Buffy and Angel meet a man who works in television.
Spoilers: Nada. Nothing. Just know that everything happened up until "The Prom", then it veers off into my world.
Disclaimer: The Evil One owns them. We don't. Yup, The Evil One (aka Joss) and his allies own the characters. Williamsburg, Virginia owns itself.
Rating: PG
Content Warning: FINALLY! Happy, fluffy fic! I'm over my "Grad Day 1&2" depression, and now ready to create my own happy universe, free of Joss. Which means.....no badness!!!! Maybe a little sensuality and light profanity.
Author's Notes: How could we forget the most important thing!? ANGEL IS HUMAN. Don't ask us how (yet). If you really like the story and send some nice feedback we may just write a prequel describing just how our favorite vampire re-acquired his humanity. This story is based on my (horrid) vacation experiences there this summer. - Jessica

. . .

Prologue

She couldn't believe they had come this far. It wasn't so long ago that she was pretending to avoid him, and now here she was, on a plane in broad daylight flying over the United States.

After Angel's brief period of shock after getting his humanity back, he had decided he wanted to start over again. And for him that meant traveling back in time 200 years to when he had been human. At least as much as he could at the moment. Since going back to Galway, Ireland, the land of his birth was out of the question since he lacked the documents necessary to obtain a passport, Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia would be the next best thing.

Buffy hated history. But she loved Angel, so for him she was willing to relive a little bit of America's history. Giles, ever the history-buff, had agreed to accompany them, much to the delight of Joyce Summers. So that was how Angel, Buffy, and Giles were now on their way to Virginia. Leaning over in her seat, Buffy kissed Angel lightly on the cheek, before laying her head on his shoulder to take a quick nap herself. They still had 2 hours till they would land.

Buffy dozed for about twenty minutes, until she was awoken by someone moving slightly. Lifting her head, she turned and met Angel's burning gaze.

"Hey," she whispered, kissing him lightly on the nose.

"Hey yourself"

Buffy groaned and pulled herself into a sitting position. She had been on the plane for too damn long, and her back was killing her.

Angel slipped his arm around her shoulders, and she snuggled against him immediatly.

The plane rocked a bit, and Angel jumped, clutching the arm of his seat tightly.

Buffy, noticing how tense he was, bit back a smile. "Honey, relax!'

Angel coughed nervously. He had never been in a plane before. He had been born in an era that believed that birds were the ones to fly, people were the ones to walk.

He was about to say something when the man in the seat next to Buffy (she had insisted that Angel have the window) turned to talk to her.

"I don't believe we've met before," he said. His voice was steady, calm, and cool. He sounded like a suave, polite gentlemen. But the look in his eyes was anything but.

He had a look in them, like he could do anything, go anywhere, and be anything he wanted. It wasn't confidence, it was insanity. This man was insane. Angel had known enough crazy people, hell he had made enough crazy people to recognoze their symptoms.

"Er...hello" he said. "I'm Angel McLean, and this is Buffy Summers."

The man smiled. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Joss Whedon. Is this your girlfriend?" he asked, jerking his head a tBuffy.

Angel nodded. "Yeah."

"You two are so cute! Perfect for my new tv series!"

Buffy raised an eyebrow. "You've got a series?"

Joss nodded. "Yeah, but we're still casting. It's called 'Muffy, the Umpire Slayer'. I hate umpires, they make me nervous. It will be about a girl named Muffy, who is chosen by the Bureau of Englishmen to slay the evil umpires."

Angel and Buffy nodded politely.

Buffy opened her mouth to say something, but stopped. Joss had pulled out his laptop and seemed to be busily writing away, most likely the script for his show.

So Buffy was a bit startled when Whedon took out a bong and got stoned. Rolling her eyes and leaning back against Angel, she muttered a profanity and went to sleep.

*****End Prologue*****

. . .

Page 1 of 2
Read the next part
>>

All right, people. I thought that we should let you readers know the truth about Joss and his writing. If it sucks, then blame me, not Jessica. And the ice cream. That's the only other thing to blame. Damn ice cream. Oh yeah, all the painkillers I'm on too. I broke my wrist in 4 places so I'm on a lot of anti-biotics. ~Jyll~

. . .


Fanfiction Index