Angel's Secrets

Creative Works   

Demonic Intentions (Part 2)
By Robyn
angelsbuffy(at)hotmail.com

Disclaimer: This story takes place two months after "Becoming" - I don't own any of the characters, etc etc...hope you like it! :)

. . .

Part Two

"I wonder what happened to them?" enquired Willow curiously as Oz wheeled her into the Sunnydale High Library, followed by Xander and Cordelia. Giles was seated at a chair by the table, looking tired, worn, and visibly concerned for his Slayer's safety. He looked up at the gang, hope flashing briefly across his countenance. But his eyes met nothing that resembled Buffy, and he returned to looking worried.

"Nothing, then?" asked Giles wearily. The Slayerettes had just returned from checking their favourite hangouts again, for the millionth time that week, to see if Buffy was there. Xander shook his head.

"No, nothing. Oz and I went and double checked the mansion again, though - did you notice the drops of blood on the ground in that little room behind where that demon guy stands, Giles?" asked Xander, blinking hard to keep his eyes open. It was very early in the morning, and having been out every night searching for the past week, he was beyond exhausted. Giles looked up, eyes wide.

"What blood? I thought I had searched everywhere...you don't suppose Buffy went back and..."
"Buffy went back and what?" enquired a familiar voice from the library entrance. Everyone turned to face its owner, and gasped in surprise at seeing the very subject of their conversation standing in the doorway, looking somewhat pale, but alive and well.

"Buffy!!" they all cried together, and raced over to give her a hug.

"Good grief, Buff!" exclaimed Xander, "You're freezing!! Not surprising..." he added, noting the light tank top she sported, "It's cold out there, ya know!" He rubbed his arms up and down Buffy's own to warm her up, but she dusted them off.

"Forget about it. I'm a tough girl, I can take it!" Buffy said smilingly, giving Xander a far-too-friendly wink. Cordy muttered something under her breath, and stood glaring silently at Buffy, while Oz and Willow remained perfectly oblivious to the over-friendly exchange.

"Buffy, thank goodness you're okay...we were really worried! Where...where did you go?" stammered Willow, almost angrily. Buffy shrugged and waved her hand in the air as if to wave off the question.

"Here and there, over and around, under and over. Ya know. Needed some time alone, what with Angel and all," replied Buffy airily, picking up a stray book and flicking absentmindedly through the pages. Willow was about to speak again, confused at her friend's tone, when Buffy, having glanced at the clock above the library door, announced her departure.
"Okay, you do realise that the sun rises in less than half an hour, right Buffy? Cos you may as well stay at school!" exclaimed Cordy, raising an eyebrow at the Slayer as a streak of panic sped swiftly over her features. Buffy shook her head vigorously and laughed.

"Funny thing, that. I've been expelled. And anyway, I need my beauty sleep. I'll see you guys sometime later. Bye!" and with that, she was gone before anyone could blink.

"Strange girl," murmured Giles, "Very strange..."

"Is it just me, or did anyone else notice a non-Buffy factor thing going on there?" asked Oz, confused. Willow nodded slowly, thinking.

"I agree. Something just isn't right."


. . .

"Hello, lover," said Buffy silkily as she wrapped her arms around Angel's waist, pulling him close. Angel smiled as Buffy forced him to come down to her level, and ravenously took his mouth with her own. After a lengthy kiss, the couple separated.
"So," began Angel, running a finger lightly up and down Buffy's arm, "how was everyone?" He brushed her hair away from the side of her neck and began to playfully nibble it, while Buffy pouted in reply to his question.

"All alive. But I guess that just makes things a bit more challenging, right? And with Spike and Drusilla out of the way, we can really have some fun..." she said, gasping slightly as Angel bit gently into her neck. He chuckled, swept Buffy up off the ground, and headed with her towards the bedchamber.

"That we shall, my love. That we shall."

. . .

Page 2 of 5
Read the next part
>>

. . .


Fanfiction Index