Angel's Secrets

Creative Works   

No Ordinary Love (Part 2)
By Aspacia
Aspacia23(at)yahoo.com

Spoilers: All episodes after Innocence. This story is supposed to happen some time after the ep. "Killed by Death" and before "I only have eyes for you" (I think that is what the new ep is called). This is the happy ending I have created in my dream world, a way to get rid of several pesky obstacles Joss has put in the path to eternal happiness for our beloved couple. At first this story may not seem as a "happy ending", it does have a little angst but hang on, after all good things come to those who wait.
Disclaimer: None of these characters are mine, though I wish Angel was, but anyway they belong to evil Joss Whedon etc, etc, etc. Please don't sue. I'm a poor college student and I'm just using them to vent out my frustration over the recent turn of events.

I'm also borrowing some songs from wonderful artist like Chris Isaak, Alanis Morrisette, INXS etc. Please don't sue either.

. . .

Let's take a drive through the old town

Back past the place where we met

Some things are hard to remember

Some things you never forget


Let's take a walk down your old street

Who lives on your house today?

Let's see of we can remember

All the vows that we made


Kisses you gave me

The vows you made me

None of these things have changed

Nothing is changed

-Chris Isaak "Nothing is changed"-


As she stepped out of the club she stopped to let the warmth of the night surround her. She needed the warmth she was tired of feeling cold inside. But it didn't help. She wrapped her arms around her body seeking some comfort and started walking, not really sure of her destination.

Not paying attention to where she was going, she ended up in a dark alley. It was a dead-end. Cursing herself for her stupidity she looked around for a quick way out, this was the perfect place for an ambush. Looking around she realized where she was. This was a familiar place; this was where she met Angel one fateful night a year and half ago.

Buffy closed her eyes and allowed the memories to flood her mind. It was funny how she could remember everything about that night; every word, that know-it-all grin, those sad eyes. If she tried hard enough she could still hear his voice.

-"I know what you are thinking, but don't worry I don't bite"-

She laughed at herself remembering that stupid line she had given him about getting turtle wax as a consolation price. Lame much?

"Brings back a lot of memories, doesn't it?" said an arrogant voice from behind her, making every hair on her neck stand up.

As she turned around she was startled to find him standing so close to her. She had been so distracted that she never heard him coming behind her.

"Were you missing me slayer?" He leaned closer, using his body as a tool of intimidation.

"Not one bit slayee," Buffy raised her chin in defiance, trying not to show how unnerving his proximity really was. She quickly reached for the stake she had hidden in her cleavage and got into her fighting stance.

Angel smiled coldly as he slowly looked at her from her toes to the top of her head. A small shiver ran up her spine. "Babe calm down, I'm not here to fight," said Angel as he put his arms behind his back, trying to show his sincerity.

"What do you want Angel?" said Buffy as she crossed her arms on her chest while trying to sound annoyed. In reality she was terrified, knowing that she was trapped in this alley and things could get out of control very quickly. She had to gain control of the situation and figure out what the hell he was up to.

"Don't worry about what I want, you'll find out soon enough. What is important right now is what I can give you!"

Buffy was confused, not able to figure out what exactly he was trying to pull. What kind of game was he playing?

"Okay I'll play, what can you give me?"

"That's my girl," said Angel knowing full well that he had her complete attention. Let the real fun begin. He leaned even closer; so close she could feel his body heat giving her goosebumps. "I can give you what you want the most; me" he whispered.

Buffy was shocked, that was the last thing she expected him to say. A disbelieving laugh emerged from her throat. "What makes you think I still want you?"

Angel laughed out loud. Suddenly stopping, he grabbed her shoulders and slammed her body against his. The impact pushing all the air out of her lungs. "Poor little schoolgirl, so naïve yet so sweet," He smiled coldly. "You see I know everything there is to know about you. I remember everything about you, the way your body responds to my touch, EVERYTHING and I know you want me," he said as he ran the back of his hand down her arm.

"That is were you are wrong," said Buffy as she pushed him away. "If you knew everything there is to know about me, you would know that I don't want you anymore. You disgust me, you are nothing but damaged goods."

"Really, you don't want me anymore," said Angel with laughter in his voice. "So when I do this you only feel disgust, nothing else?"

In a split second, he grabbed the back of her head with one arm and with the other he seized her arm in which she held the stake, twisting it behind her back and pinned her against his body. He was inflicting so much pressure in her arm that she had to drop the stake.

Angel brought his head down with a look of triumph plastered on his face and started kissing her. Slowly and tenderly like he used to. Buffy tried to pull away but the hold he had on her was too strong. As the seconds went by she couldn't help giving into the memories. She had missed him so much. Missed the comfort she had always felt in his arms when he kissed her.

Angel had always been so tender and loving, like she was a crystal vase and she would break. Yet at the same time she had always felt that through their kisses Angel had tried to heal his pain, to take away the loneliness, to fill the emptiness with her soul.

As she started kissing him back, Angel released her arm and started caressing her back. Buffy closed her eyes and let the memories fill her mind. It was like coming home, to a greater comfort she had ever known. She thought of how the months of pain and anguish disappeared as Angel held her in his arms. Suddenly she realized that this wasn't Angel, not her Angel.

Reaching deep inside her, gathering strength from her pain and anguish she was finally able to push him away from her. "Don't ever touch me again!"

"Babe, you don't have to pretend, that kiss proved my point," He said as he arched a smug eyebrow. "Come on Buffy you know you want it. So what do you say, are you up for another roll in the hay, I'm definitely up for it. Drusilla has been fun, but insanity is highly overrated, besides there are so many things I could teach you." He was laughing, enjoying the obvious pain his comment brought to her.

Buffy felt a wave of hatred hit her with the force of so many months of pain and torture he had put her through. She hated the fact that he could use the beautiful memories she and Angel had made to hurt her. She hated the demon for putting her Angel through so much pain because of the guilt he had felt over the demon's deeds. She hated the demon for taking her Angel away. Most of all, she hated herself for being affected by his touch.

Buffy felt boiling rage, welling inside her. Pain clouded her reasoning, making her forget all her years of training. Blindly she began to fight.

She swung her right fist at him, but he blocked her punch before it made contact with his face. Angel responded with a left hook to her abdomen, crushing her breath.

"Come on Buffy" he taunted. "Is that the best you can do?"

With a furious cry, she lunged against him, knocking him down. She hauled him to his feet by his hair. As she tried to slap him, he seized her wrist and hurled her across the alley into the brick wall.

The impact blurred her vision and left her dazed. She shook her head, in an attempt to clear it. But she wasn't quick enough.

Taking advantage of her dazed state, Angel lunged against her propelling her against the wall. He pinned her between the wall and his body, with such force that she couldn't move her arms or legs.

Deadly silence fell upon them. Only their ragged breaths and fast heartbeats could be heard in the alley. They looked into each other's eyes and at that moment they both knew that it was over.

As he lowered his head, Buffy closed her eyes and moved her head to the side to allow him better access to her neck. She was glad that the game was finally over. She wasn't afraid to die. Dying meant no more pain, no more sadness and no more fear. She was tired of fighting; knowing full well that she couldn't win the battle. Deep down she had known that this is how things would end, because she could never kill the man she loved more than life itself. It was ironic how fate had brought them to the place where it had all begun. They had come full circle.

When Angel felt her giving up, he stopped pushing her against the wall. He put his arms around her and tenderly kissed her neck before sinking his fangs into it.

A sharp pain shot through her body as he pierced her skin. Suddenly the pain stopped. She was surprised. She had expected Angel to rip her throat apart, like he had done with countless victims. Buffy never expected it to be this way. Angel was holding her, pressing her body against his with one arm, running his fingers through her hair, while allowing her heart to do the job and pump her blood into his mouth. Sucking ever so gently.

Slowly she felt her life slip away. Her skin grew icy cold while her mind and body became mercifully numb. She welcomed the darkness.

. . .

Page 2 of 6
Read the next part
>>

. . .


Fanfiction Index