"Anyone But You"

Notes: Lyrics are "This Is the Night" by Clay Aiken "Look Away" by Chicago.
Additional Notes:
// \\ denotes flashback.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

Lift me up
In your arms
If you told me that is what heaven is, well you'd be right

When Willow entered the school building Monday morning, she made a beeline for her best friend's locker. She had questions about what she had seen at dinner the night before. As luck would have it, Buffy was pulling her books from her locker as Willow walked up. And she was alone.

"Hi, Buffy," the redhead greeted.

Buffy glanced up and saw her best friend standing to her right. "Hey, Wills. Did you ever get a hold of Xander last night? I tried after Liam left my house but his phone just rang and rang."

"No, I didn't get to talk to him. I'll see him in English today. Hopefully we'll talk then." She took a deep breath. "If I ask you a question, would you give me an honest answer?"

"You know I would. Have I ever lied to you?"

She shook her head. "Never. Okay, I'm going to ignore the fact that Liam is my brother while I ask you this and just ask. Buffy, are you sleeping with him?"

The books Buffy held nearly slipped out of her hands. "Willow..."

"Don't. Just answer me."

Buffy couldn't look her friend in the eye. She was full of embarrassment; she wasn't having this conversation with her best friend anymore, but with her boyfriend's sister. "Yes, I am."

"How long?"

"Since Saturday night."

Her answer only confirmed what Willow had already suspected. "That's why you guys left the party so early. So you two could..." She had a hard time finishing the sentence. It was her brother and best friend, for god's sake!

"I didn't know, I swear," the blonde tried to explain. From the way Willow was acting, Buffy was afraid she was upset with her. "He asked me if I wanted to leave and hang out in his room for a little while. It wasn't until we were alone in his room that I figured it out."

"I wasn't asking you to defend yourself," Willow said. "And you don't have to explain it to me, either."

Buffy knit her eyebrows together. "Then why are you asking?"

"Because I saw the way you and Liam were looking at each other last night at dinner. I just needed you to confirm what I pretty much already knew."

"You're not mad at me, are you?"

Once again, Willow shook her head. "No. You're my best friend, and he's my big brother. I always wanted you two to get together; it's just a little weird knowing how...together you really are. But as long as you're happy..."

"I am," Buffy responded. "He makes me so happy."

"Good. Now I'm gonna go back into concerned sister mode and tell you not to hurt him. 'Cause if you do, I *will* have to kill you," she threatened.

She laughed. "Got it."

They both watched as Xander passed wordlessly by the two of them. Even when they'd had fights he never ignored them; he'd always have to make some sort of sarcastic comment.

"Xander?" Willow called after him.

He stopped and turned around when he heard his name being called. For the past thirty-six hours he had been in a world of his own. The events of the party Saturday night left him completely confused. Seeing Buffy and Willow looking expectantly at him brought him back to reality.

"Hi, guys," he replied, joining them at the locker.

"Are you okay, Xand?" the blonde female wanted to know.

Xander nodded. "Peachy keen, whatever that means."

"How come you didn't answer your phone yesterday?" Willow questioned. "I must have called you a hundred times. And you didn't even say goodbye when you left Saturday night. I was worried."

"So was I," Buffy added.

'That's because I didn't leave until long after you'd both left the party,' he thought. He couldn't tell them that, though. Both he and Cordelia had agreed never to mention what happened between them in the pantry room. "You guys looked like you were having fun. I didn't want to bring you down."

"What time did you leave?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Around nine or so."

"That's what time Liam and I left the party," Buffy said. "You were still hanging out with Kate. What's really going on, Xander?"

"Nothing." Then he saw Cordelia walk by. "I have to go. I'm gonna be late for homeroom."

Xander moved swiftly after the brunette beauty. When he was sure no one was looking he grabbed her arm and dragged her into the nearest empty classroom. "We need to talk, Cordy."

Cordelia yanked her arm out of his grasp. "Don't you ever grab me like that again, Xander Harris. Who the hell do you think you are?" she demanded.

"I'm the guy you spent most of Saturday night groping," he answered. "We need to talk about what happened."

"I thought we already talked about it. I was attacked, you kissed me, end of story."

He could only stare at her in awe. "*I* kissed *you*? Are you out of your mind? *You* kissed *me* as I recall."

"Whatever. Trust me, it'll never happen again. It was only a momentary lapse in judgement."

"No kidding," Xander agreed.

"Excuse me?" she exclaimed. "What on earth do you have to complain about? Your reputation can only benefit from this...this mistake. I, on the other hand, will be the laughingstock of Sunnydale High if this gets out."

He couldn't believe her audacity. "I don't recall you complaining at the time. But you don't have to worry, I won't tell anyone. Your precious reputation is still intact."

Sickened by the sight of her, he walked out of the room, not seeing the tears forming in Cordelia's brown eyes.


Hold me close to your heart
I would go with you to the ends of the earth and we'll fly
I've been waiting forever for this
This is the night

"It was weird waking up this morning without you there," Buffy said to her boyfriend on the other end of the phone. "I got kinda used to it...Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. But I don't think it'll be happening again until Dad goes out of town for another business trip...Mmm, don't tempt me."

A knock at her bedroom door made her jump. "Liam, I gotta go. Dad's home. I'll talk to you tomorrow...I love you, too. Bye." She hung up the phone. "Come in in, Dad."

Mr. Summers opened the door, seeing his sixteen-year-old daughter laying on her stomach on the bed. As he entered, she sat up. "Hiya, honey. How was your weekend?"

"It was okay. Did your trip go well?" she asked.

He nodded. "I accomplished everything I needed to accomplish. Which is why I need to talk to you. I have some news."

"News?" Panic gripped her heart. "You're not sick, are you?"

"No, Buffy, nothing like that. See, this wasn't solely a business trip. There were personal matters I needed to take care of," he started.

Buffy bit her lip in confusion. "Dad, I don't think I follow you."

"There's no easy way to tell you this, so I'm just going to say it. I've accepted a position in my company's New York office. That's why I had to go on that trip; to buy a house. Sweetie, we're moving to New York in six weeks."


When you called me up this morning
Told me about the new love you found
I said I'm happy for you
I'm really happy for you

Buffy couldn't even blink, she was in such a state of shock. There was no way her father could be telling her the truth. He had to be kidding, he just had to be. It was a cruel joke. "No."

Her father sighed solemnly and sat down next to her on the bed. "I'm afraid so. I know this comes as a surprise–"

"A surprise?!" she shouted. "A surprise is someone jumping out of a cake on your birthday. This is a life-changing event. And you just sprung it on me completely out of the blue."

"Honey, I'm sorry. I didn't want to tell you this way."

"Then why are you? This is a joke, isn't it? You're trying to trick me; scare me. Good job, Dad. High marks."

Mr. Summers shook his head. If only it was a joke. But it wasn't. "It's not a joke, I am one hundred percent serious. The company offered me a promotion and a significant raise in exchange for heading up their Buffalo office. I think the move will be good for both of us."

Buffy let it all sink in. They were moving. She'd lived in Sunnydale – hell, in her house – for her entire life. Now they were moving three thousand miles away. "Why? Why would it be good for me? It'll uproot my whole life. I love it here; everyone I care about is in Sunnydale, how can you make me leave? I'm not going to know anyone in Buffalo."

"Buffy, you'll make new friends. It won't be that hard, I'm sure of it. And you will know people. Your aunt Meredith and her family live only a couple miles from the house I bought."

It all suddenly made sense. "I get it," she said. "Aunt Psychopath talked you into this."

"No she didn't. Granted, yes, we did discuss this shortly after your mother passed away, but she didn't make this decision for me."

"Dad, you don't see it like I do. She wants to get us as far away from anything Mom-related as possible. Aunt Meredith always hated Mom and this is her way of separating you from her. Now she can have you all to herself like some sick, twisted Greek tragedy. Ever hear of Oedipus? Well, it's as bad as that. It's...it's incestuous!"

"Don't speak that way about your aunt. She loves you."

Buffy got off the bed. The whole situation was making her agitated. "She wants to control me. Well, I won't let her. Aunt Meredith is not going to ruin my life."

Mr. Summers knew his teenage daughter was going to be upset, but she was overreacting. "This move is *not* going to ruin your life."

"Yes it is! How come you don't see it? My life is finally falling into place. My grades are improving, I actually enjoy my classes this year and I am dating the boy I've loved forever. And now you want to take all that away from me. Why do you hate me?" she demanded to know.

"You know I love you. I'm doing this because I love you."

"If you loved me you wouldn't be doing this!" Buffy accused. "Dad, how can you make this decision without talking to me about it first? It's not just your life; it's my life you are fucking with!"

He fumed. "You are not to use that language around me ever again. And I didn't talk to you about it because I knew what you'd say. I'm the parent here, Buffy. I make the decisions, not you." It was time to assert his parental control.

"I won't go."

"You bet your sweet ass you will."

She shook in anger, knowing her father was right and that she didn't have any choice. Wherever he went, she would have to go, too. "I hate you. I hate you!" Turning on her heel, she ran out of the room.

Hearing the front door slam shut ten seconds later, Mr. Summers flinched. He silently wondered if he was making the right decision. But when he noticed the empty condom package in his daughter's wastebasket, he knew he'd done the right thing. Moving to New York was just what they needed to move forward.


Found someone else
Guess I won't be coming around
I guess it's over, baby
It's really over, baby

"Spike, can you get the door?" Liam asked when he heard pounding on their dorm room door. "It's probably one of your girlfriends anyway."

Rolling his eyes, Spike climbed off the bed and headed for the door. Who he found on the other side surprised even him. Buffy stood in her tank top and shorts, her feet bare. And she was struggling to catch her breath. "Wrong, Peaches," he replied. "It's yours."

Liam turned around; one look at his girlfriend and worry coursed through his entire body. "Buffy, what happened?" He ran to her side once he saw the tears falling down her beautiful face.

Spike sensed the couple needed their privacy and quietly slipped out of the room.

"I'm sorry f-for not calling first," she apologized, hiccuping.

He took her hands in his and led her to his bed, where they both sat down. "It's okay. What's wrong?"

"I–" The words wouldn't come out, though. Nothing would come out.

Liam saw her bare feet and wondered where she had been. "Did someone attack you? Are you hurt?"

She shook her head. "No. N-Nothing like that. I ran all the way from my h-house. But it won't be my house for much longer."

"What are you talking about?" He was genuinely confused.

Closing her eyes, Buffy swallowed the lump in her throat. "I'm moving to New York. With my dad. Next month."

"What?"

The blonde nodded. "Yeah, I know. That's why my dad went away this weekend, to buy a house for us. Liam, he didn't even ask me what I thought about it, he just blurted out that we're moving to the other side of the country in six weeks."

"And you don't want to go," he deduced.

"Of course I don't! I don't want to leave my friends and my school. And I sure as hell don't want to leave you. Especially not now. You have to help me talk my dad out of moving."

He held her tight, fully realizing that these moments would be fleeting. In six weeks he wouldn't be able to see his girlfriend anytime he wanted. The realization nearly brought him to tears as well. "I don't think we can talk him out of it, Buffy. Sounds like the decision has already been made."

"No. We can change his mind," she said stubbornly.

"I doubt it. Look, I don't want to sound pessimistic or anything, but I don't think there is anything we can do at this point. I don't want you to move away any more than you want to go, but that's not our decision to make. The truth is, you have to go wherever your father goes."

Buffy sniffled. "I don't want to leave you. If I do, I'll lose you."

He looked her in the eye, seeing his reflection in her glassy tears. "Listen to me, Buffy. You will not lose me. Not now, not ever. I will be right here," Liam swore.

"Promise?"

"Cross my heart."


And from what you said
I know you've gotten over me
It'll never be the way it used to be

"I've done everything you asked me to do," Meredith told her older brother five weeks later as they spoke on the telephone. "The phone, cable, heat and electricity have all been turned on as of yesterday. And I stocked the refrigerator with all the basic necessities."

"I can't thank you enough for all of your help," Mr. Summers said. "You've been a godsend through this whole move. It's really making it easier."

"Anything to help you out, Hank. You know I'm here for you, and I'm thrilled beyond words that you're going to be nearby again. What time is your flight arriving on Monday? I want to meet you and Buffy at the airport."

Mr. Summers needed to think for a moment. He and Buffy were leaving for Buffalo in three days and things were starting to get rather stressful. "I want to say two-thirty, but don't quote me yet. I'll give you a call on Sunday night and let you know for sure."

"Are you almost finished packing?" she wanted to know.

"I am. Buffy, on the other hand, hasn't even started."

Meredith sighed heavily. "Is she still fighting you about the move?"

"Every chance she gets."

"You need to lay down the law, Hank. Buffy needs to realize she can't always get her own way. Joyce may have allowed her to walk all over you guys, but you're the only parent Buffy has now. Tell her it's your way or no way."

He shook his head. "She's not a bad kid; far from it, in fact. In my mind, she has every right to be angry about leaving. I *did* spring it on her out of the blue."

"And she has had five weeks to accept the fact, yet she's still resisting. Force her to get over it."

"Buffy doesn't want to leave her friends or her school or her boyfriend."

Meredith scoffed at the mention of the word 'boyfriend.' "Please. At her age, she'll get over it; they're only teenagers. It isn't like they plan on spending the rest of their lives with one another. Who meets the love of their life at sixteen?"

"I did." Mr. Summers recalled how he fell in love with Joyce Masterson when he crashed her Sweet Sixteen party.

"Okay, aside from you. Look, Hank, I think it's a good idea to separate them before they do anything stupid. Like...sleep together."

"It's a little late for that, I think," he mumbled.

"How do you know that?" she questioned. "Did Buffy tell you?"

The forty-three-year-old man closed his eyes, a headache forming behind them. "She didn't have to tell me, Meredith. I found an empty condom wrapper a few weeks back. And since it wasn't mine, I assumed they used what was inside while I was away that weekend."

"Did you ground her?" Meredith asked.

"No."

"Why the hell not?"

"It's not like grounding her would have made a difference or change what happened while I was gone. They had sex. At least I can take comfort in knowing they used protection."

She was absolutely disgusted with her niece's behavior, and her brother's reaction to it. "How can you act so nonchalant about this? Your sixteen-year-old daughter is having sex and you are treating it like it's no big deal!"

"Because I know my little girl. She's had sex before and she'll no doubt have sex again. I trust her. Joyce and I have talked to her about it and we both agreed to let Buffy make her own choices."

"You mean mistakes," Meredith corrected him.

"As much as I appreciate your concern when it comes to my daughter, I'd like you to stay out of it," he ordered her. "I'll raise Buffy as I see fit. End of discussion."


So if it's got to be this way
Don't worry, baby
I can take the news okay

"I just can't believe you're leaving on Monday," Willow said to her best friend that evening at the Bronze. "It only seems like yesterday you told us you were moving."

Buffy nodded, feeling her boyfriend take her hand in his. Liam had been her rock over the past five-and-a-half weeks. If it hadn't been for him she probably would have gone crazy. "Yeah, tell me about it. I don't want to go, I really don't. Hell, I haven't even started packing yet."

"You haven't?" the redhead asked incredulously. "I thought you were going to start doing that last weekend."

"I was. But then I just couldn't force myself to do it. Every time I picked up a box I ended up dropping it back on the ground again. I keep thinking about how hard it is gonna be to not see you guys every day. Or talk on the phone. How am I going to keep up with all the gossip?"

Willow frowned. "I know. But we'll still talk all the time."

Buffy shook her head, resting it on Liam's shoulder. "It's not the same, you know? I won't be there. And eventually everyone will forget about me. You know, like that old saying – out of sight, out of mind."

"Hey, Buff, we won't forget you," Xander reassured her. "You'll always be in the back of ours minds."

Underneath the table, Liam kicked him. "That wasn't supportive," he growled.

"Sorry. Okay, I'm getting something to drink before my ass gets kicked. Anybody want anything?" he asked the other three people at the table. He was responded with a round of 'no's.

As he walked towards the refreshment stand, Xander thought about what Buffy was going through. He doubted he would have the strength she'd shown throughout this whole ordeal. If he'd been in her position, he probably would have cracked under the pressure. And even though he knew how deeply Buffy and Liam loved each other, he wondered if their relationship could survive the three thousand mile gap between them. He and Anya weren't able to make it work at even less of a distance.

Lost in his thoughts, he never saw Harmony Kendall and Cordelia step directly in front of him until he bumped into the blonde.

"Excuse you!" she exclaimed, annoyed. "God, where did you learn how to walk? Clown college?"

With a roll of his eyes, Xander ignored her and walked on by. He didn't even attempt to make eye contact with Cordelia.

"What a jerk," Harmony commented. "Who does he think he is, anyway? A nobody, that's who. A big fat nobody who can't even get a date."

"Harmony, shut up," Cordelia stated.

She was taken aback by her friend's outburst. "What's your problem, Cordy? The oaf walked right into me without even saying he's sorry. He *is* a jerk."

Cordelia shook her head. She'd had a lot of time to think about her conflicted feelings for Xander Harris and it was time to face them. "No, he's not. He's kind and considerate and...and a great kisser!"

"And you know this how?"

"Because I kissed him."

"He's a reject!"

"Don't you even start! Or do I need to remind you of your encounter with Parker Abrams? This may come as a shock to you, but I like Xander. A lot. I can be myself around him; I can't do that around you."

"Then go be with him!" Harmony shouted.

"Fine, I will."

Cordelia walked in the direction of the refreshment counter. When she found Xander in the long line, she tapped him on the shoulder. As soon as he turned around, the brunette planted a kiss on his lips.

"What was that for?" he asked when they finally came up for air.

"For coming to my rescue at the party. And for making me see how wrong I've been about you. Go with me to Homecoming next week."

"Huh?" Xander didn't know if he'd heard her correctly.

"You and me. Homecoming. Is it a date?"

"People will see us. It might ruin your precious reputation," he reminded her.

"Screw my reputation. I want to walk in there with you on my arm. So, is it a date? Yes or no?"

Slowly, he nodded. "Y-Yeah."

She flashed him a smile. "Great. I'll call you this weekend with the details."

As Cordelia walked away, Xander's mind raced. Was he imagining things, or had Cordelia Chase asked him out on a real date?


When she returned home from the Bronze at eleven-thirty that evening, Buffy was surprised to find her father in her bedroom. He stood next to her window, a box full of framed pictures to his right. "Dad? What are you doing?" she asked him.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Mr. Summers countered, not even bothering to turn around. "I'm packing some of your things."

"Yeah, I figured that much. What I don't get is why you are doing it."

"Because *you* don't seem to be doing it. I don't know how many times I've asked you to start packing. But you haven't. So I've taken it upon myself to start for you."

"I'm gonna do it," Buffy argued.

Mr. Summers turned around to face her. "When?!" he shouted. "You've had close to six weeks, yet I haven't seen you do a damn thing. Well, I am sick of it. Now I'm doing it for you."

"Dad–"

"Buffy, I do not want to hear it. I just got off the phone with your aunt Meredith and we both agree it's time for me to act like a parent. I've allowed you to put this off for far too long."

"You talked to Aunt Meredith about me? How could you?" she accused.

"She was concerned."

Buffy frowned. "Nosy is more like it."

Aggravated with his daughter's attitude, Mr. Summers let the picture he'd been holding fall to the ground. The glass cracked upon impact. "That's enough! I've had it up to here with your constant arguing. You are not leaving this house until you pack everything in this room. I mean it."

"You can't do that, it's not fair!" Buffy yelled back at him. "I have plans tomorrow with Liam. We're spending the day together."

"At this point in time, I don't particularly care what your plans are, Buffy. Tomorrow you will be packing. We leave for New York in a little more than forty-eight hours. Get a move on."

"I hate you," the teenager spat. "Mom would never have done this to me."

"Your mother is dead." When he saw the stricken look on his daughter's face, Mr. Summers instantly regretted his words. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean that."

Buffy took a deep breath. "I don't wanna move, Dad. Sunnydale is my home. Everyone I care about is here. I can't leave them. I don't want to."

He walked over and took her in his arms. "I know you don't. But you're making it seem like you are never going to see your friends again. You can visit Sunnydale whenever you want. Well, within reason, that is. I'll talk to the Rosenbergs and see if they'll let you stay with them for a week during Christmas break. How does that sound?"

"It sounds okay. But what about tomorrow? Liam and I already made plans."

"I'll make you a deal. You can spend all afternoon with Liam, I'm fine with that. But you have to pack in the morning before you go, and again when you get back. And all day Sunday. Are you okay with that?" Mr. Summers suggested.

She nodded. "It's a deal."


"You went to way too much trouble," Buffy commented as her boyfriend pulled the sandwiches out of the basket. The couple sat on a blanket in a secluded section of Weatherly Park where they wouldn't be interrupted.

"It's no trouble at all. This is probably one of the last times we'll have to be alone for a long time. Why not do something special," Liam said.

She looked to the left, seeing a portable radio on the edge of the blanket. "What's with the boombox? Mood music?"

"After we are done eating, we could listen to some music. Or dance."

"I like the sound of that."

The couple began to dig into their sandwiches. Liam had packed turkey on wheat with lettuce, tomato and mayo for both of them, along with potato chips and cans of soda. They ate in silence for a little while before Liam began to speak.

"Is everything okay?" he asked. "You seem awfully quiet."

"Sorry," Buffy apologized. "I guess I'm still a bit upset with my father. He absolutely refuses to let me go out tomorrow. I can't even say goodbye to my friends."

"I think you're exaggerating just slightly. Your father isn't going to make you leave without saying goodbye."

"He won't even let me leave the house tomorrow until I pack my entire bedroom. It's totally not fair," Buffy complained.

"Well, he has a valid point. Buffy, you *have* had six weeks to pack and you haven't even started yet."

She widened her eyes at him. "I don't believe this. You're taking his side over mine!"

"This isn't about sides. Truth of the matter is, you've been procrastinating," Liam told her.

"No I haven't. I've just been putting it off as long as possible."

He smiled at her. "That's what procrastinating is, sweetie. You know, this probably hasn't been easy on your dad either. Maybe you should ease up on him a little bit."

The blonde sighed in defeat. "I guess you're right. I hate it when you're right. It usually means I'm wrong."

"You need to forget about this for a while." He stood up and extended his hand to her. "Let's dance."

Smiling, Buffy took his hand and let him guide her a few feet away from the blanket. As they were heading over there, Liam pressed the PLAY button on the boombox he'd brought with him.

Ninety miles outside Chicago
Can't stop driving, I don't know why
So many questions that need an answer
Two years later you're still on my mind
Whatever happened to Amelia Earhart?
Who holds the stars up in the sky?
It's true love just once in a lifetime
Did the captain of the Titanic cry?

Resting her head on his shoulder, feeling her boyfriend's arms around her waist, Buffy discovered that Liam was right. She did need to stop stressing about the move. Instead, she wanted to focus on spending as much quality time with him as possible. They needed to savor every moment; to make this particular point in time last as long as long as they could.

Someday we'll know
If love can move a mountain
Someday we'll know
Why the sky is blue
Someday we'll know
Why I wasn't meant for you

"You're right," Buffy whispered. "Again."

"I am? Can I bottle this moment and relive it over and over again?" he joked.

"I'm being serious, Liam. You were right, what you said before. I did need to forget about this whole thing. Worrying about this move has been stressing me out for weeks."

Liam looked down at his girlfriend, flashing her a half-smile. "Well, it's good to see you coming around to my way of thinking. Certainly took you long enough."

"Yeah, whatever."

Does anybody know the way to Atlantis?
Or what the wind says when she cries?
I'm speeding by the place that I met you
For the ninety-seventh time tonight

"Liam, I want you to promise me something," Buffy started. "I mean really promise me."

"As opposed to a fake promise?"

She frowned at his lame attempt at a joke. "It's not funny. I'm being totally serious and you're making a joke out of it."

"All right, all right. What do you want me to promise you?"

"That we'll be truthful with one another. No matter what, or how much it'll hurt the other person," she said.

Someday we'll know
If love can move a mountain
Someday we'll know
Why the sky is blue
Someday we'll know
That I wasn't meant for you

"I don't think I follow, Buffy. What exactly are you getting at?" he questioned.

She hesitated before beginning her explanation. "Just to be honest. Don't lie because you think it's what I want to hear. If you meet someone else, Liam, I want you to tell me. Please don't keep it from me to spare my feelings. It'll only hurt me more."

"You're afraid I'm going to fall in love with someone else?"

Buffy nodded. "Yes."

Someday we'll know
Why Samson loved Delilah
One day I'll go dancing on the moon
Someday you'll know
That I was the one for you

Liam lifted her chin up so he could look her in the eyes. "Well I won't. I'm not going to fall in love with someone else. You've had my heart since I was a little boy and you'll have it until the day I die. Nothing is going to change that."

"We're going to be three thousand miles apart. A lot can happen. I just don't want you to hold yourself back if you do find someone else."

"Very well then. I'm going to hold you to that same promise. If you meet someone in Buffalo and you want to be with him, I'll expect you to be honest with me, too," Liam agreed.

She nodded her head. "Okay. I just want you to know...in case I forget to tell you, or in case something happens, I love you. Forever."

"I love you, too, Buffy. Forever."

I bought a ticket to the end of the rainbow
I watched the stars crash in the sea
If I could ask God just one question
Why aren't you here with me tonight?
Someday we'll know
If love can move a mountain
Someday we'll know
Why the sky is blue
Someday we'll know
Why I wasn't meant for you
Someday we'll know
Why Samson loved Delilah
One day I'll go dancing on the moon
Someday you'll know
That I was the one for you

 

To be continued...

 

<< back