Angel's Secrets

Creative Works   

Kiss the Rain
By Blu

Summary: Buffy finds a way to see Angel again.
Disclaimer: All rights reserved for Joss Whedon, the WB, Mutant Enemy, etc. I used the characters for my own personal enjoyment and that of others, not for profit. I have nothing, so don't expect much if you decide to sue.

The rights to the song "Kiss the Rain" belong to whoever owns them, and it's not me. I am using the song as my own personal derivation for this story, nothing else. I also only used the lyrics that fitted with my story, so some will be left out. Oh, and the song is inside these *** little things.
Author's Notes: This story is my own creation, so rights to it belong to me. Distribution: ask me. Comments welcome.

Here goes nothing:

. . .

Part 1

******Why don't you
Why don't you
Go outside
Go outside

Kiss the rain
Whenever you need me
Kiss the rain
Whenever I'm gone too long
If your lips feel lonely and thirsty
Kiss the rain
And wait for the dawn
Keep in mind
We're under the same sky
And the night's
As empty for me as for you
If you feel
You can't wait till morning
Kiss the rain
Kiss the rain
Kiss the rain******

Buffy felt her consciousness slip away as the semi-truck sped off. Willow sobbed her name and dropped to ground beside her. Xander screamed for an ambulance, and the rest was black.


. . .

Darkness. Darkness surrounded her. Then a faint white light. It grew and grew, overpowering the darkness. Buffy squinted in it's brightness. She stood on the crest of a grassy hill. In the distance people ran and played and laughed, but Buffy stood alone. All alone, and very aware of the fact.

"Buffy." She heard her name on the wind. Buffy whirled at its familiarity.

"Angel!" Her voice lilted happily. She threw herself into his arms. He held her tightly, unmoving. Buffy breathed in his scent. She squeezed his neck lovingly, and a gleeful laugh escaped her lips. Angel laughed with her.

Buffy stepped back a little, but stayed safely within the circle of Angel's arms. She looked up at him, again squinting in the sunlight. A frown marred her countenance.

"Then it is a dream," she said on a sigh.

Angel's eyes darkened. "Sort of," he told her gently. "It's . . ."

"Don't," Buffy pleaded, interrupting him. "Can we just enjoy what little time we have together? Please. All I want is to be here with you."

Angel's face softened. He hugged her close. Words had no use at that moment. Buffy smiled against his shoulder. She broke away from him and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Will you walk with me?" she asked, and held out her hand to him. Angel took it and fell in step beside her. They walked along the top of their grassy knoll, among the wildflowers growing tall.

"I miss you," Buffy admitted softly. She held onto Angel's hand like it was her lifeline.

'I know," he replied. His voice sounded different to Buffy's ears. Probably because she hadn't heard it in so very long. Buffy moved closer to him.

"I wish you hadn't gone away." Angel looked down at the top of her head. So lonely.

"I'm not totally gone," Angel murmured. He wrapped his arm around her waist and kept walking. "I still live in your heart, Buffy. I'll never go away completely."

"I won't let you!" Buffy cried out. She turned to him and Angel took her in his arms again. His strength comforted her. "I won't let you," Buffy said quietly. She looked up at him, past his jawline and his lips and cheek into his eyes. They were the same dark, brooding, sad eyes. The ones that watched a person too closely for comfort. She grinned in spite of her sadness.

Angel smiled down at her. She reached up and kissed his lips. Then they walked on, in silence, enjoying each other.

******Why don't you
Why don't you
Go outside
Go outside

Kiss the rain
Whenever you need me
Kiss the rain
Whenever I'm gone too long
If your lips feel lonely and thirsty
Kiss the rain
And wait for the dawn
Keep in mind
We're under the same sky
And the night's
As empty for me as for you
If you feel
You can't wait till morning
Kiss the rain
Kiss the rain
Kiss the rain******

Buffy felt herself slipping back into her life. Away from Angel.

"I don't want to go!" she cried, clutching his broad shoulders.

"I don't want you to either. But they're waiting for you." He was still her solid rock. Unshakable. And always right.

"But I want to be with you!" Buffy fought the darkness trying to reclaim her.

"You are. You always are." Angel did not push her away.

"I love you!" Buffy sobbed into his chest.

"I'll never stop loving you," Angel said, his voice ragged. "Never."

"I can't live without you! I need you with me!" Buffy's protests grew quieter as the darkness claimed her. She focused on Angel's voice as she was pulled away.

******Why don't you
Why don't you
Go outside
Go outside

Kiss the rain
Whenever you need me
Kiss the rain
Whenever I'm gone too long
If your lips feel lonely and thirsty
Kiss the rain
And wait for the dawn
Keep in mind
We're under the same sky
And the night's
As empty for me as for you If you feel
You can't wait till morning
Kiss the rain
Kiss the rain
Kiss the rain******

And Buffy awoke to her mother's hysterical weeping, her own eyelashes matted with tears. For him. She reached out and wearily touched Joyce's hand that was laying on the covers of the hospital bed and heard one last whisper. "I'll always be here."

. . .

Page 1 of 6
Read the next part
>>

. . .


Fanfiction Index