Angel's Secrets

Creative Works   

Lost Time
By JFK
sugar7999(at)hotmail.com

Summary: Angel and Buffy try for happy-ever-after.
Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer is the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy Productions, ect. However the characters I made up are mine and I will sue if they are used without my permission. If you would like to use them or my story, e-mail me at: sugar7999(at)hotmail.com.

. . .

Angel walked up to the gates of a large white mansion. He slipped easily past the guard and stood gazing at the massive pillars that made the mansion look so grand. Never in his life had he seen anything so spectacular.

The mansion of course belonged to his beloved Buffy. Buffy was 18 now. It was mid October. Six months ago she had gotten a lucky break, and now she was one of the top designers in the world. Angel mustered up the courage to open the door and walk inside. He loved being mortal. No more of that getting invited to come in bull-shit. The front hall was elegantly decorated, but Angel didn't have time to stop and look at the furnishings.

Angel stopped at the bottom of the stairs. He felt around in the pocket of his coat until he found a letter that Buffy had written him six months ago. It read:

"Angel,

I am leaving Sunnydale. It's just to hard for me to see you. Every time I look your way, I want to run to you, to take comfort in your warmth. And it kills me to know that I can never do that. So I'm going to make things easy for both of us. I'm leaving. Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself. I've done it before and I can do it again. Please don't waste your time looking for me. If I don't want to be found, you won't find me.

Love, Buffy

He started to run up the stairs when he heard a loud wail. Angel knew it had to be a baby. He considered just leaving right then and there, if Buffy had a kid she must at least have had a boyfriend. Angel knew that Buffy had a thing for tall, muscular guys and didn't want to get his ass kicked.

But he just had to see his Buffy. He got to the third story of the house and walked towards the sound of Buffy's soft, lulling voice. She must be trying to get the kid to sleep, thought Angel.

He opened the door to what he assumed must be the nursery. Buffy's slayer instincts kicked in and she whirled around with her child in her arms, ready to fight if necessary.

The baby had dark brown hair, fair skin and large, crystal blue eyes. It looked about two weeks old. "Angel?" Buffy asked incredulously. "How did you find me?" she asked.

Angel smiled his cockily."Come on Buff, what kind of idiot do you think I am? When a world famous designer comes to a small town like Sunnydale, wouldn't you think word would get around?"

Buffy put the small baby down in the lacey cherry-wood bassinet and ran to Angel and threw her arms around him. She had missed him since the day she had run away from Sunnydale. She could not stand to be around him since they could never really have a relationship.

Buffy had hopped on an airplane to New York. She had been working as a clerk in Bloomingdales. One day, on her lunch-break, Buffy stood at the service counter, absentmindedly drawing clothing designs. Donna Karen had been in line, waiting to make a purchase.

She saw Buffy's drawings and asked if she had anymore. After seeing them, the woman had asked Buffy if she wanted to partner up with her. One thing led to anther, and soon Buffy was world famous for her designs.

Buffy looked up at him and studied his appearance. She could have sworn he looked a little tan, and something else she couldn't quite put her finger on. "Angel, you look different. You're actually kind of warm. Why?" Buffy asked, looking at him questioningly with her large blue eyes.

Angel smiled his beautiful smile. "Some Druids were in town a while ago. I saved their lives when a trio of demons tried to kill them. They said that they were truly grateful and asked how they could ever re-pay me. I asked them to make me mortal, so they did" he said with a twinkle in his eyes.

At the thought of being able to spend her life with her beloved Angel, Buffy's entire face lit up. She stood on tip-toe and kissed him passionately.

Angel broke the kiss, confused. "Buffy, whose's the father of your baby? Cause if you're seeing someone, then maybe we shouldn't be doing this," he said with a hurt look on his face.

Buffy smiled knowingly and moved away. She picked up the baby. She put the child in Angel's arms. "Angel, I'd like you to meet William Alexander Summers, your son.

Angel tried to speak but couldn't find any words. He knew that if he didn't sit down, he might collapse. Buffy obviously read his mind and guided him over to a rocking-chair. Smiling, she said "As it turns out, a vampire can get a mortal pregnant, but it takes about a year to conceive."

Angel finally found words. "God, Buffy why didn't you tell me? I would have been there for you, you shouldn't have had to go through this alone. Was your being pregnant why you left Sunnydale?" "Partly. The other reason was because it hurt so much to see you. I wanted to run to you, to be held in your arms. I could never do that again, and the thought of that killed me inside. I explained it in the letter, remember?"

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want to make you rush into anything. No matter how old and mature you are, all guys are afraid of commitment. I just didn't want to force you into anything."

They were both silent for a moment. "Well," said Angel wistfully "He's a beautiful baby". Will's eyes fluttered shut as he lay in his fathers arms. Buffy reached over to take him to be put back in his bassinet, but Angel smiled and took his son over instead. Carefully, he pulled back the blankets and laid him on his stomach. He covered him. Buffy walked over to him and Angel put his arm around her.

A horrible thought crossed his mind. "Buffy," he asked "Since I was immortal when Will was conceived, will he be by any chance immortal?"

"That scared me at first to, so talked to a doctor who specializes in treating the un-dead. He said that most likely our son would live to be 25 to 30 years older than the average human. He also will heal quickly and have abnormal strength, which I suppose is ok."said Buffy Relief washed over Angel's face. He put his hand in the pocket of his duster. He took out a velvet box.

"Buffy,"he whispered. His beloved turned her head to look at him. "What?" she asked softly. Angel slipped a diamond engagement ring on her finger. "Will you marry me?"

Buffy nodded, unable to speak.

. . .

Page 1 of 5
Read the next part
>>

. . .


Fanfiction Index