Angel's Secrets

Creative Works   

Lost Time (Part 2)
By JFK
sugar7999(at)hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer is the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy Productions, ect. However the characters I made up are mine and I will sue if they are used without my permission. If you would like to use them or my story, e-mail me at: sugar7999(at)hotmail.com.

. . .

Part 2

December 14th, 1999 would always remain in Angel's mind. It was one of the best days of his life. It was the day he married Buffy.

Angel leaned back in the leather chair he sat in, holding his sleeping son as he recalled the events of the past months.


. . .

After Will was safely in his bassinet, the couple walked down the velvety stairs to the living room to talk. "Buffy, I nev- " Angel never got to finish his sentence. Buffy put a finger to his lips to quiet him. Cradling his face with her cool, pale hands and looking deep into his dark, sorrow filled eyes she said,

"Angel, calm down. I know you blame yourself for my leaving Sunnydale, but don't. It was completely my decision. Stupid, I know. But it was my choice and you didn't influence it in anyway at all." With that said she laid her head on his hard, muscular chest and melted into him, closing her eyes to keep from crying. She hated crying in front of anyone, especially Angel.

Angel wrapped his strong arms around her and held her tightly as he placed a kiss on the top of he head. He knew that Buffy was miserable without him, because he felt miserable without her. Right now, Buffy and Angel just needed each other. Angel knew exactly what Buffy was thinking and feeling, and vice-versa.

That night they fell asleep in each other's's arms, until a shrill cry from Will awoke them around five in the morning. Buffy jumped up and ran to the nursery. Angel walked in to find Buffy sitting in a mahogany rocking chair while bottle feeding their new-born son.

"Uh, I guess I forgot to mention that he likes to wake up pretty damn early. Sorry about that",said Buffy sheepishly.

Angel smiled. Not at Buffy's statement but at the sight of his girlfriend, err fiance holding his child as the sunlight seeped through the open curtains.

It was the first time he had seen Buffy in the sunlight. Her blond hair shone a thousand shades of brilliant gold. She lied, he thought. She does to look good in direct light.

"Angel, I need to shower and get dressed, would you mind taking over for me?" Buffy asked

Buffy placed the bottle on the nightstand and stood up. With great care she placed the baby in Angel's waiting arms. He sat down and Buffy strode out of the room.

Angel put the bottle into the infants mouth and looked down at his son. He noted that the baby had Buffy's eyes only. Everything other feature was almost an exact replica of his own.

After Will finished the bottle, Angel walked over to the bureau and dressed him. Angel proceeded downstairs with the child. Sitting down in a large leather chair, he played with the baby until Buffy came downstairs, elegantly dressed in a navy blue pin-stripe suit, her blond hair pulled back in a french twist.

Stopping at the foot of the stairs, she said loudly into her cell-phone,

"Dammit, Jordan! I don't want to hear you're excuses! You'd better call the manufacturer and that shipment had better be in my office come Monday or you're fired!" Buffy let out an annoyed gasp and threw the cell-phone on the couch.

However, her scowl immediately brightened at the sight of Angel sitting in the easy chair with a happy baby on his lap.

"Thanks for getting him ready, I really appreciate it. Just one less thing I have to do. I need to run down to the office and grab some files, do you mind staying with Will for about an hour? I promise I'll make it up to you!" Buffy said in a rush.

Angel nodded, pleased to be able to have more time with his son.

Buffy walked out the door and he heard an engine start. Glancing out the window, he saw a black Miata zoom out the gates. Standing up, and still holding the now gurgling Will, he picked up the phone and dialed the construction company he owned.

"John? It's Angel. I'm not 'comin in today, something big came up" he said into the receiver. He put the phone back on the hook and turned around to go outside.


. . .

Three hours later, Buffy pulled into the driveway. She was about to go into the house when she heard a voice that sounded like Angel's. Walking through the back gate, she found Angel sitting on a wicker chair in the backyard with Will on his lap, reading aloud "Hamlet". Apparently, the infant was enjoying it. He laughed and pounded the page with his tiny fists.

"My God. My kid actually likes books. Theres a first" remarked Buffy as she walked across the lawn to her lover and child. Angel looked up at her and smiled.

"I'da know. I just felt like reading."said Angel

"Well," began Buffy, "Sorry I'm late. I went and talked to my mom and the gang today. Cordy actually wanted my autograph! Anyway, I told them about us and their all coming over for dinner tonight. I'm 'goin with delivery so I don't 'hafta cook."

Will began to fuss. Reaching over and picking him up Buffy said "Observe. When he gets like this you have to hold him on his stomach." With that Buffy turned him over and held him. Immediately he stopped crying.

"So, what'ya wanna do for the wedding?" Angel asked as Buffy sat down on his lap.

Buffy bit her lip. "I don't have the slightest idea. I think It'd be easier to elope since I have a family the size of Texas, but since that's out of the question, I guess we'll have to rent the Parthenon.

Angel laughed. "Whatever. My biggest concern is how long it'll take until my hands fall off from writing those damn invitations."

"I don't think that'll be a problem," said Buffy. "It's easier just to hire people to do it for 'ya." They were both silent for a moment until Buffy said

"Hey, what're you doing next month? I've got a show in Italy and if you're free I wanted to know if you could stay with Will. I'll only be gone three or four days" said Buffy

"Sounds good," said Angel, smiling. Life was perfect


. . .

They did manage to get everything straightened out. Buffy indeed had a large family, over one hundred relatives and two hundred friends.

On December 12th, Buffy and Angel were sitting on the sofa watching an old rerun of "I Love Lucy". Angel had moved in with Buffy and had convinced her to let his company build her new office. At the moment, their son was sound asleep.

"Okay. This guys gotta go to bed."said Buffy, getting up and walking up the stairs with Will. Angel turned off the TV. He made sure the front door was locked and turned out the lights.

Angel walked into their bedroom and got ready for bed. Laying down between the sheets he smiled to himself. He had never been happier. First off he had a child, and he was going to marry Buffy in the next two days. He was so deep in thought that he didn't notice Buffy come in and lay down next to him. Kissing him lightly and whispering goodnight, she rolled over and went to sleep.


. . .

Angel was scared. There he was, standing at the altar of a large Cathedral. He was so damn nervous he didn't even remember the name of the church he was getting married in. Cordelia, Willow and two of Buffy's friends from LA were bridesmaids. Willow was the maid of honor and Oz, Xander and Buffy's two cousins were his groomsmen.

He had asked Xander to be his best man, because Xander was his best friend. Oz wasn't far behind, though. When Buffy left town, him and Xander had become quite close.

What if Buffy doesn't marry me? Thought Angel. What if she turns and runs away at the altar. However, he was immediately comforted as soon as the large white doors opened in the back and Buffy emerged. "Wow" whispered Xander.

Buffy, in her long, slim fitting sleeveless white satin dress looked, as Xander would say 'hot'. As she made her way to the front of the aisle and stood next to him. They said their vows and before Angel knew it, Buffy was no longer Barbara Anne Summers. She was Barbara Anne Malloy.


. . .

They were sitting at a table with the rest of the bridesmaids and groomsmen. Buffy was glad had agreed when her father had suggested his ranch on th outskirts of Sunnydale for the reception.

It was fantastic. There was a large ballroom with tables and food, and outside was a heated patio for dancing. Buffy heard a knife lightly hitting a champagne glass. Xander stood up to make his speech. Angel cringed. He knew damn well that Xander couldn't say anything in public without making an ass out of himself. Xander stood up and cleared his throat as everyone turned to look at him

"Ladies, gentlemen and un-holy creatures of the night,"he began nodding at Spike and Dru. The two had showed up and promised to be on their best behavior, which meant no feeding off the guests.

"My two good friends, Buffy and Angel, are married, much to my disappointment." Cordy kicked him in the leg.

"I cannot think of two people more compatible than the Buff-ster and Dead Boy. I remember when they started dating. I hated Angel all through high school. At first, it was because I was so jealous of him, 'cause I liked Buffy. Then, it was out of habit that I would pester him. Sometimes Buffy would beat me, sometimes Angel would glare at me. But I knew that no matter how hard I tried, they would always be together. 'Ya know, their like peanut butter and jelly, 'ya can't have one without the other. And I'm just rambling on so I'll shut-up know. To Buffy and Angel" said Xander, who in turn from everyone got a 'here, here'

Angel and Buffy had decided against a honeymoon, they would rather spend it with their family and friends. Angel smiled to himself. Everything was going great.


. . .

Angel stood up and took his sleeping son to the nursery.

. . .

Page 2 of 5
Read the next part
>>

. . .


Fanfiction Index