Angel's Secrets

Creative Works   

Lost Time (Part 3)
By JFK
sugar7999(at)hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer is the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy Productions, ect. However the characters I made up are mine and I will sue if they are used without my permission. If you would like to use them or my story, e-mail me at: sugar7999(at)hotmail.com.

. . .

Part 3

"Mrs. Malloy?" someone said into the phone when Buffy answered. She was about to tell them that they had a wrong number when she remembered that she was Mrs.Malloy.

"Ma'am?" the person said into the phone.

"Oh, yeah. Speaking" Buffy said quickly. She was at home, in the kitchen warming a bottle for Will. Angel was sitting at the table going over some architectural designs for the new hotel he was building in town. Will was sitting happily on his fathers lap, banging the on the contractors work plans with his small hands. Angel ignored the baby's interruptions and kept working.

"What? Oh my God," said Buffy into the receiver after a few moments. "Are you sure?" she asked worriedly. Angel, alarmed at his wife's nervous tones looked up at Buffy and eyed her quizzically.

"All right, thanks for telling me, I really appreciate it. But what would they do if they-," Buffy paused for a moment, she had obviously been interrupted.

"Oh God, I really didn't need to know that!" she exclaimed loudly, hanging up the telephone.

Seeing the frightened look on Buffy's face, Angel was alarmed. Buffy was never scared so something must have been seriously wrong. Standing up and still cradling his son, Angel walked over to where Buffy stood, leaning against the counter worriedly. No sooner had Angel gotten over to her side when she quickly but gently grabbed her son and held him tightly.

"Honey, whats wrong?" asked Angel with a concerned look on his face. Buffy looked up at him, her face white with shock.

She swallowed and finally managed to speak. "Its Will. Th- the Watchers Counsel just called. Apparently, our son is a very powerful baby. He will be over two-thousand times more powerful than the Master because he is the child of the slayer, and on top of that his father is-was a vampire. Buffy paused, then continued.

"The man on the phone said that the demons would like nothing more than to take Will, raise him as their own and make him immortal when the time is right."

Angel, recovering from this information, squeezed Buffy's shoulder. "It's late. Tomorrow I'll call and make arrangements for more security. In the mean time lets get to bed. " With the baby, of course" said Angel quickly.

Buffy nodded vigorously.


. . .

Angel had kept his word and had hired thirteen new security guards. Even though the house was carefully guarded, the baby's parents had both insisted that Will was always near either Buffy or Angel.

A new slayer, Faith by name had taken over Buffy's old job of slayer. Buffy was able to quit her patrolling, which meant that nearly every night the baby had two strong, watchful parents near him.

One evening Angel tucked Will into his crib, made sure that guards were in the room and walked across the hall and to the right into the room he shared with his wife.

"Angel" Buffy said, glancing up from the issue of 'Cosmopolitan' she had been reading. She was sitting comfortably tucked between the large, white linen sheets on the four-poster bed, with a small reading lamp on the bedside table that she had been using for light. She threw her magazine on the floor and looked over at her husband.

"Yeah?" asked Angel, leaning back comfortably on the bed. It was always great after a long days work to relax.

"Somethings wrong. I don't know what, but I have a feeling." said Buffy, a small frown burrowing on her beautiful face.

Angel reached up and turned off the lamp. He wrapped his arms tightly around her. She laid her head against his chest and closed her eyes, melting into his warm embrace.

"Honey, you've had a whole lot going on, your tired and stressed out from work, and on top of all that you have a small baby to take care of. Your doing a wonderful job. Of course your worried, so am I, but don't you think that we're doing everything that we possibly can? " Angel said softly.

Buffy knew he was right. Logical, sensible Angel. Buffy knew something wasn't right, she was sure. But for the time being, she knew that Angel was right, that she should relax and go to sleep.

Buffy cuddled closer to her husband, unaware that going to sleep could cost her sleeping son his life.

. . .

Page 3 of 5
Read the next part
>>

Please send feedback! sugar7999(at)hotmail.com

. . .


Fanfiction Index