Angel's Secrets

Creative Works   

Though Lovers Be Lost (Part 2)
By Amy Mina
amymina(at)yahoo.com

Disclaimer: All of the characters like Buffy, Giles, Angel, etc. belong to Joss Whedon and the Mutant Enemy Company. Characters that were seen in Extra Help Needed still belong to themselves.

. . .

"Angel," drawled Drusilla, "when are you going to kill her?"

"Kill who?" questioned Angel, looking up from the ground.

"The slayer. She makes me sad, she kills my family."

"Soon, pet, soon," assured Spike. "Angel will kill that slayer very soon."

"How do you know Spike?" questioned Angelus. "I'm having fun playing with her."

"You need to kill that slayer and do it soon. She keeps getting in the way of all of our plans more then normal, thanks to you."

"Oh, I'll kill her, but I need her to suffer a little more before she dies."

"What else are you going to do to her. Now that you killed that nosey teacher, she's sticking to all of her friends like a leech."

"I don't plan to hurt anyone from Sunnydale. I think it's time I paid Amy a visit to show her the new, improved Angel."

"Amy? You mean that girl that saved both of you when I captured you."

"I let her think that she saved me, but yeah, that would be the girl."

"How are you going to get to her?"

"The prom is coming up, and from what she told me in the last letter, she is planning on attending. Considering that it is going to be in a public building, it shouldn't be too hard to get to her."

"What are we going to do to her, Angel? Miss Edith wants to play with her."

Angelus walked over and stood behind Drusilla. "I'm afraid I get to play with Amy. We'll get someone else for Miss Edith to play with. There should be plenty to pick from."

"So, when do you plan to leave?" asked Spike, interrupting Angelus. He didn't like the way that Angelus was staring at Drusilla. Angel was claiming "his" territory.

"Tonight. I have already talked to Willie, and Dru and I have a passage to New York."

"Dru and you? Where the heck do you think you are going with Dru?"

"Anywhere I want."

Spike looked at Angelus, with a mild case of surprise. He should have expected this. It was just a matter of time. Spike could feel him temper brewing and tried to keep it under control.

"I am the leader here. This is my bloody home and you can't just do anything you want here!"

"Well, guess what rollerboy. I'm taking over." Angelus began walking around the building. "What ever was yours is now mine. Whoever was yours," he said, looking over Drusilla, "is mine also."

"You think so."

"Are you going to stop me, Spike? I can kill you permanently if you would like," said Angelus, staring Spike down. Spike didn't want to give in, but he knew if he got himself killed, Angelus would win. He backed up in his wheelchair and headed towards a corner of the factory, a plan forming in his mind.


. . .

"Amy! Phone!" screamed her younger sister from the kitchen. Amy threw her math book across the room, wanting to be left alone. Running to her bedroom door, and opening is swiftly, she marched into the kitchen and took the phone from Diane's hand.

"Hello," she said, tersely into the phone.

"Amy? This is Alicia," came the voice on the other end. Amy relaxed and walked out to the living room to sit down.

"Hey there," Amy replied.

"How are you?" asked Alicia. "You seemed really upset today in Mr. Kraus' room."

"What are you talking about?"

"You yelled at Mr. Kraus-"

"You saw that?"

"I was there."

"Oops. I guess I missed that."

They were silent for a few moments; both lost in their thoughts of what to ask next. "Amy?" questioned Alicia. "Is there something you want to talk about?"

Amy took in a deep breath before she answered. She did want to talk to someone, and there was no one she trusted more than Alicia. "Yeah, I would. Could you meet me at the school playground in twenty minutes?"


. . .

Alicia sat against the bench in silence. She wasn't sure what to think of what Amy had just told her.

"Alicia?" questioned Amy, concerned.

"Vampires?"

"Yeah, I told you it was hard to believe."

"But I never imagined . . ."

"I know, I've grown up with some of it, so I don't really mind."

"Do your parents know?" questioned Alicia.

"Nope, they have no idea. I could just imagine that conversation."

"And this vampire, Angel is your friend and he is who you and Mr. Kraus were fighting over?"

"Yes, Mr. Kraus dislikes him. Do you believe me?" asked Amy. Alicia turned to look at her, not quite sure. Amy understood that and her eyes filled up with tears. "I knew I shouldn't have told you," she said turning away. "I'm not supposed to tell anyone. Maybe this is why."

Amy got up and walked off towards the open space in the fields surrounding the school and closed her eyes. Alicia watched her, not quite sure what the girl was doing. Turning back towards Alicia, she threw a stake on the ground in front of her. She then pointed at it and used her finger to raise it from the ground. Alicia watched, surprised. When Amy laid it back on the ground, she turned back to Alicia.

"Wow," said Alicia. She looked in Amy's face and saw what Amy wanted. Amy wanted to know that even though all of this was going on in her life, that she could still talk to Alicia about all of it and trust her to keep it a secret. Alicia walked over and engulfed Amy in a hug.


. . .

Bob got up Tuesday morning, and looked around to identify where he was. He realized that he had fallen asleep on his floor surrounded by books. He quickly gathered them together and went downstairs, past lots of pictures of the family that had adopted him before he moved in. Looking at pictures of families always made him think about his own. He was still debating on whether he should hang up a picture of his real family is his locker at school or not. Bob ran into the kitchen and grabbed the bagel waiting for him on the counter. Taking the keys, he headed out to the truck and went to school.

Once he got there, he parked next to Amy and waved. She gave him a small smile and waved back before jumping out of her car and heading into school. Bob thought of stopping to tell her about the information he might have, but he stopped himself. He had decided the night before to keep it a secret until he found the spell. If Angelus did show up, everyone would be in less danger if they didn't know about the spell.

After going to his locker, he headed to the library to talk to his friends. When he walked in, he put on the best front he could handle to pretend like none of this was going on. Pete and Brad turned to look at him a few times, and Bob could see the worry reflected in their own eyes that Angelus would live up to what he had done in the past.

By the time he saw any of the Fems again, it was already third period. Amy sat in the seat two away from him like everyday and laughed with the rest of the kids. By the time their teacher actually started class, they were calmed down enough to listen. Their English teacher wrote point after point on the board about their story that was due the next week. They were all so engrossed in actually listening that they didn't hear the fire alarm go off. Amy quickly jumped up from her seat.

"Fire drill!" she yelled at surprised. Bob quickly pushed in his chair and followed the rest of the students outside. Pete began to talk about Amy and her rush to get out of the school.

"We learned one important thing," began Pete. "You never want to be standing in front of Amy during a fire. She'll just push you out of the way to get out faster."

Sean, another student from the class, joined in. "You should have seen her, pushing people out of the way, she even pushed an elderly lady over the stairwell to get out faster."

"Help!" mocked Pete. "I've been injured." His voice changed, to imitate Amy. "To bad," and then she pretended to push someone out of the way.

Bob decided to join in. "Help, I'm in a wheelchair, I can't get down! 'Here let me help you,' push, 'Hope you have a nice ride!'"

Amy walked over, laughing quietly at them. "What?"

"Amy," said Pete, "You didn't need to be so cruel to those people. They needed to get out of the building just like you."

"Help! I can't walk," said Bob, mocking her. She laughed, and he looked closely at her, realizing that she didn't understand how serious things with Angelus actually were. He stopped and backed off. Pete and Sean kept teasing her, but he ignored it and got lost in his thoughts.


. . .

"I like it when you call me Big Mary," chanted Beth at her friend. She watched Mary roll her eyes and get back to talking to Mike on the computer.

"Mary, aren't you listening to me?" asked Beth.

"Not really," she replied.

"What do you want to do Friday night, since we aren't going to the prom?"

"I don't know. I'm trying to talk to Mike."

"So?"

"Beth-"

"Where's Amy?" interrupted Beth.

"At the library studying. She came to lunch, but then went right to the library."

"That's weird."

"Angela says that she hasn't talked to her all day. Amy is in her own little world today."

"Are you serious?" asked Beth.

"Yeah."

"Mrs. Lamb," shouted Beth, "I'm done with my work, can I go talk to Mr. Kraus?"

"What for?" asked the teacher.

"I have a question."

"Okay, be back in time for your next class."

Beth left the room and hurried to Mr. Kraus' room. She walked in, and saw him and Angela talking. They turned to look at her when she entered.

"Oh, good, you're here," said their mentor. "I need to talk to you too. Angie tells me that Amy has been avoiding you two during the day."

"I guess so, Mary picked up on it and pointed it out."

"I figured. She has been avoiding me as well."

"Why?" asked Angela.

"I didn't tell you everything that happened yesterday. She dropped out of the group."

"What?" questioned Beth. "Why?"

"She thought I was lying to her about Angelus."

"Why would you lie to her? What are we going to do about it?"

"That's what I was discussing with Angela. I talked to Giles, and he suggests that we leave Amy be, but if we do, there is a good chance that she will be killed, unless she comes to her senses."

"She can be so stupid. And because of her attitude, she is putting everyone else at risk."

"Yep, and there is another problem. Alicia saw us fighting yesterday, and I think that she might have talked to Amy."

"Why?" asked Angela.

"Just trust me on this one. I know Amy well enough that she will have needed to talk to someone, and if it wasn't one of us . . ."

"Okay," said Beth, "what can we do?"

"All I can say right now is to watch her like a hawk. Tomorrow night we have our concert, and it would be a perfect opportunity for Angleus to rear his ugly head."

"Okay," said Angie. "Are we going to train today?"

"Be here at four. Pete and Brad our coming."

"Okay," answered the girls.


. . .

Spike watched as the vampires vacated the warehouse to leave for New York. Angelus was barking out orders at the rest of the vampires. Spike laid his chin in his hand, and sent Drusilla a longing look. He would never win her with Angelus around, so there was only one was to get rid of his problem and reclaim his empire.

He had to get rid of Angelus.

. . .

Page 2 of 7
Read the next part
>>

. . .


Fanfiction Index