Angel's Secrets

Creative Works   

No Ordinary Love
By Aspacia
Aspacia23(at)yahoo.com

Summary: Angelus takes Buffy to the dark side.
Spoilers: All episodes after Innocence. This story is supposed to happen some time after the ep. "Killed by Death" and before "I only have eyes for you" (I think that is what the new ep is called). This is the happy ending I have created in my dream world, a way to get rid of several pesky obstacles Joss has put in the path to eternal happiness for our beloved couple. At first this story may not seem as a "happy ending", it does have a little angst but hang on, after all good things come to those who wait.
Disclaimer: None of these characters are mine, though I wish Angel was, but anyway they belong to evil Joss Whedon etc, etc, etc. Please don't sue. I'm a poor college student and I'm just using them to vent out my frustration over the recent turn of events.

I'm also borrowing some songs from wonderful artist like Chris Isaak, Alanis Morrisette, INXS etc. Please don't sue either.

. . .

Giles sat once again in Jenny’s classroom. He couldn’t bring himself to call it anything else but Jenny’s classroom, that would mean that she was gone forever and he wasn’t ready to accept the awful truth just yet even though so many months had passed. So now he just sat in her room missing her, missing her laughter, the way she could make fun of him for being so uptight and most of all missing the way he could come to her with his secrets. She knew who he was and she accepted him for it and tried to help him save the world whenever she could. Now he asked himself why he couldn’t have accepted her secrets like she had his before it was too late.

Giles started to get up, it was time to go home and change if he wanted to be on time tonight. He had been invited to Buffy’s house for dinner. She said that her mom wanted to thank him for his help while she had been in the hospital. He had tried to put it off for months using every excuse known to man, but tonight he had ran out of excuses. He appreciated the gesture, but being around the kids just reminded him of Jenny. However today, he had come to her room to finally let go and say goodbye.

As he started to get up, he accidentally dropped a couple of papers from the desk. He quickly reached for the papers between the desk and the file cabinet, but as he lifted them from the floor he saw something else. It was a computer disk. It was Jenny’s, her beautiful name was written on it. He held the disk on his hand for a while, not really knowing what to do. The disk was the last thing left of her in the room, everything else had been taken away by maintenance, her books, her papers, her nameplate, everything except this disk.

Going against his nature, he reached down and turned on the computer on his right. He though to himself what a miracle it was that he had even been able to turn it on. That was something else he had Jenny to thank for, now he only wished he had. As he scanned through the files on the disk he made a surprising discovery. He found a file that Jenny had been working on the night she died. Incredible pain washed over him and a desire to know what her last thoughts had been.

What Giles saw in the computer screen enraged him. She had been trying to help Angel and he had killed her for it. The hatred he already felt for the demon increased to new heights and at that very moment he made the decision. He would keep quiet about his finding. He felt sorry for Buffy, but she was young and had her whole life ahead of her, unlike Jenny. Giles knew that Angel had to die, he just couldn’t get the chance at happiness that Jenny had been denied.

Giles got up from the chair and headed home to change before dinner. On his way he wondered if he had made the right decision. Did he have the right to play god with other people’s lives? But the memory of Jenny’s dead body on his bed quickly drowned his doubts.


. . .

The Bronze was incredibly crowded that night. Buffy sat in a corner table and watched in amazement at the number of people in the dance floor. She never thought that a retro 80’s night would bring so many people to the club, but it was the latest trend. Amongst the crazy people doing the "Egyptian", were her best friends. She wasn’t really sure about the name of the dance step after all she’d being a little girl in the 80’s.

As the song ended her friends made it back to the table.

"Walk like an Egyptian" repeated Xander as he imitated the infamous dance step. "Buffy you missed all the fun" said Willow cheerfully as she laid her head on Oz’s shoulder.

"That’s okay Willow, I’ve had enough retro stuff tonight to last me a lifetime" replied Buffy with a beautiful smile.

"Yeah man, who would have thought that your mom and the G-man would have bonded over ABBA’s music" said Xander as he reached for his drink, but not quick enough as Cordilia reached for it first.

"Don’t even say their names, I’ve had to put up with their music all my life. I really don’t know what gets into grown ups sometimes, I mean what would people think if they ever found out how wild my parents got over that music. We would probably be kicked out of the country club", said Cordelia with exasperation, finally stopping to take a breath

"I agree, ‘Dancing Queen’ is totally overrated," said Oz as he pulled the chair for Willow. "But still, it was nice to see Mr. Giles laugh, he hasn’t done much of that since…uh, uh…in a long time".

"Since Jenny died," finished Buffy. "And yes, it was nice to see him laughing again," she added bowing her head as if asking for forgiveness.

The foursome looked at each other as they saw the change in Buffy’s face. Gone was the smile and what replaced it was raw pain and guilt.

As another song started Buffy raised her head and tried to summon a smile for her friends. Faking smiles was so easy for her nowadays. She was used to pretending to be happy when in reality the pain of losing Angel was no less excruciating today than it had been the day it happened. On top of that she had to deal with the guilt she now felt for not killing the demon in time to save Jenny. The guilt she felt for allowing her feelings to get in the way of her sacred duty.

"Buffy I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to bring up bad memories tonight," said Oz.

"Don’t worry about it, I’m fine," she answered. "Hey that is a good song for slow dancing, why don’t you guys go and have some fun, but not too much" she said with the best smile she could summon, while trying to sound cheerful.

The foursome looked at each other with hesitation. "Are you sure Buffy, we can stay with you" said Willow, concern showing in her eyes.

"Of course I’m sure Willow, besides I enjoy watching people make fools of themselves," she answered with a chuckle.

"Fine, now we are your personal clowns," said Xander pretending to be upset. The two couples walked to the dance floor, as the new song started.


. . .

Buffy breathed a sigh of relief when finally her friends left her alone. Alone to feel the pain she couldn’t hide anymore. Pain she couldn’t show to them, because she didn’t want their pity. She was the almighty slayer, she was supposed to be strong.

 

Don’t ask me, what you know is true

Don’t have to tell you

I love your precious heart

 

I, I was standing

You were there

Two worlds collided

And they could never

Ever tear us apart

-INXS "Tear Us Apart"

 

Buffy leaned back on her chair and though of how appropriate the were lyrics to what she was feeling right now; how appropriate to how she felt about her relationship with Angel.

There was a time when she though that it was destiny that had brought them together and that nothing could ever tear them apart.

How foolish she had been. Deep down she had known that she would loose him some day. They didn’t belong in each other’s worlds, hers mortal and his immortal. But the moment their worlds had collided they had unconsciously vowed to take whatever time they were given and savor every second of it. But never in her wildest and scariest dreams could she have imagined how it all came to an end.

Now she sat alone, empty and scared. Scared that she would not be able to kill the demon before it was too late; scared that he would be able to kill her friends and family; scared that the pain would never end; scared that he would be successful and kill her or worst make her insane. Maybe he already had.

She sometimes thought that she must already be insane, because after all he had done she still loved him. How could she not, he still had the same eyes, the same voice and the same smile she fell in love with the first time she saw him. If she closed her eyes she could still see the warmth and love in those eyes. She could still hear him saying, "I love you". She could still see that grin of his that made him look like a five year-old kid that had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Buffy got up from the table and started walking through the crowd heading towards the door. She knew it was time to leave before she made a fool of herself and started crying in front of everybody.

When she reached the door she turned around to see her friends having fun. She decided to leave without telling them. She needed to be alone tonight. It was time to let of the past so that she could fulfill her duty and kill the man she loved, but tonight she would let herself dwell on the past and remember.


. . .

Like anyone would be

I’m flattered by you fascination with me

 

Like any hot-blooded woman

I have simply wanted

An object to crave

 

But you, you’re not allowed

You’re uninvited

An unfortunate side

In the shadows stood a creature, just watching, waiting. Fascinated by the pain and suffering he could see in the object of his obsession, the slayer. He had memorized every expression on her face, he knew that she was pretending that everything was okay. Knowing that his efforts are paying off gave him satisfaction, but not enough.

 

Must be strangely exciting

To watch the stoic squirm

 

Must be somewhat hard telling

To watch them burn me shepherd

 

But you, you’re not allowed

You are uninvited

An unfortunate side

 

As much fun playing cat and mouse had been, it was not enough for him anymore. He hadn’t considered the fact that he desperately wanted her. She filled his thoughts 24/7. All he could think about was what they could accomplish together. She was a great adversary and together they could destroy this dammed city. Together they could rule the Hellmouth.

 

Like any uncharted territory

I must seem greatly intriguing

 

You speak of my love like,

You have experienced love like mine before

 

But this is not allowed

You’re uninvited

-Alanis Morissette "Uninvited"-

 

With inhuman speed Angel started moving through the crowd, following Buffy as she headed towards the exit door; following like a predator follows his prey.

As he walked behind Buffy, her body language let him know that she was completely unaware of his presence. An evil sadistic grin came upon his face with the realization that tonight she was giving him the perfect opportunity. What better moment to attack than now when she was alone and evidently vulnerable. The pain was clearly wearing her down, pain he had inflicted.

Angel couldn’t wait any longer. He was bored. Drusilla had been fun, but insanity could only go so far. Buffy had given him so much pleasure and he knew that she could give him a lot more without foolish human emotions to get in the way.

The chase was finally over; tonight Angel was done playing childish games. Tonight he would bring her across and make her truly his.

. . .

Page 1 of 6
Read the next part
>>

. . .


Fanfiction Index